Oh blimey, is it Christmas already?
Posted on 1 November 2012
You wouldn't have guessed it was, what with the current onslaught of sex scandals, corruption trials, groundbreaking news of celebrity pandas and this insipid, mood draining, uninspiring, balmy, sweaty weather to remind us that we are only one hundredth of a millimeter away from the equator. If there was a reindeer in Singapore, it would logically need to shave to deal with the heat. You mean the reindeers here don't? Well they should.
I for one would loathe to do a "re-cap of the year" post because to be honest, the three of us haven't really done very much lately. Apart from lolling around, stretching, yawning and stuffing ourselves in cardboard boxes like those fluffy Japanese cats your Facebook friends have been posting on your newsfeed every morning, we can't confess to have accomplished very much in 2012. Blame the Mayans. Complacency sets in when you are told the end of the world is nigh.
We did manage to pull our collective asses off our non-collective couch(es) to record one track for a Christmas compilation album. Aptly entitled "Christmas in Singapore" (where else?), the album features the following fine musical acts all of which, we are proud to say, are spawns of this tiny tropical sweaty island:
1. Give Me Love On Xmas Day - The Lilac Saints & Friends
2. Dear Santa - The Ukulele Girls
3. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas - Charlie Lim & Inch Chua
4. Christmas Without You - Natalie Hiong
5. Christmastime - Rachael Teo
6. X'mas Dream - Kevin Mathews
7. December By The Isle Of You - Jonathan Meur
8. We Three Kings - Lunarin
9. Silent Night - The Sam Willows featuring Bang Wenfu
10. This Christmas - Jack & Rai
11. A Different Christmas - Shelves
12. Xmas Without You - Don Richmond
13. The Christmas Show - Another Sunday Afternoon
14. Winter Heart - Deon
This album is made possible by the ever-awesome Patrick Chng. All proceeds from the sale of this CD will go to the Rare Disorders Society, Singapore. Their website is @ www.rdss.org.sg.
The album will be available on Bandcamp from 9 November 2012 onwards. It will be sold at the Esplanade shop from 15 November 2012 and will also be available at Starbucks outlets, so you can pick one up whilst waiting for your Toffee Nut Latte to be prepared. (nothing better to put you in that Christmas mood but a hot sweet beverage on a disgustingly sweltering November afternoon eh?).
Till then, ta bye take care and we'll see you soon, hopefully in 2013!
With everlasting love